Traffic Tickets

How to Pay Your Traffic in Laplace, Louisiana that are issued in St. John the Baptist Parish

I am often asked how to pay tickets received in St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana, on the Eastbank of the Mississippi River. Tickets issued by the State Police or St. John the Baptist’s Sheriff’s Office on the Eastbank are heard before the St. John the Baptist Parish judges in the Arcuri Center, which is an annex of the court house. After referring many people to the clerk’s office for the answer, I finally called myself. Here are your choices:

Paying for Speeding Tickets in St. John the Baptist, Louisiana

According to the Sheriff’s Office, there are three options for payment:

Pay in Person:

You can go to the St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office. Their address is St. John the Baptist Sheriff’s Office, 1801 West Airline Highwayy, LaPlace, Louisiana 70068. They can be reached by phone at (985) 359-8712. If paying your ticket in the office, you must pay by certified bank check or money order only. Money orders should be made out to St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Pay by Mail:

You can mail a money order or certified bank check to the St. John the Baptist’s Sheriff’s Office to make your payment. The address is PO Box 1600, LaPlace, Louisiana 70069. I recommend mailing the check with some kind of tracking number so you have proof the check arrived at the Sheriff’s Office.

Pay Online:

You can pay tickets for online at: Online payments for tickets in St. John the Baptist require you to have your ticket number and driver’s license number. You can only pay with a credit card online and a 5% fee will be added to all credit card payments. Credit cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard and Discover only.

Payments Over the Phone:

Payment is not accepted over the phone in St. John the Baptist Parish.

Always remember to include your ticket number on your check. The ticket number is the best way for the Clerk’s Office to know which ticket to apply your payment to.

Hire a Lawyer to Fight your Ticket in St. John the Baptist

It’s possible to get a speeding ticket reduced from a moving violation to a non-moving violation. Sometimes it’s possible to get the ticket dismissed or into Diversion in St. John the Baptist Parish. As your traffic ticket lawyer, I will represent your case in court and aggressively fight to get your ticket reduced or dismissed.

Questions? Let us help you.