Skip to main content
Traffic Tickets

How to Pay Your Ticket in Federal Court Eastern LA

I am often asked how to pay tickets, fines or fees to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana in New Orleans.

Tickets issued on federal property in Eastern Louisiana are heard before the judges and magistrates in the U.S. District Courthouse in New Orleans, Louisiana.  After referring many people to the clerk’s office for the answer, I finally called myself. Below are your choices.

Paying Your Tickets, Fines and Fees to the Eastern District of Louisiana

According to the Central Violations Bureau (CVB), violations issued by federal enforcement officers at the following locations will be heard at the U.S. District Courthouse in New Orleans:

  • U.S. Postal Service
  • Veterans Administration Medical Center
  • Dept. of Defense, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base
  • National Park Service, Jean Lafitte National Historic Park
  • Dept. of Homeland Security, Federal Protective Service
  • U. S. Fish & Wildlife, Division of Law Enforcement
  • Dept. of Defense, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers

If BOX A is checked on your Violation Notice, you must appear in court at the date, time and place shown. If BOX B is checked on your Violation Notice, you must pay a fixed sum or appear in court or appear in court to defendant the charges. You cannot pay the ticket, fine or fee in person unless you are appearing in court at the date and time you are requested.

The address of the courthouse is: 500 Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130

If BOX B is checked on the front of your Violation Notice, you must pay a fixed sum or appear in court. You must submit payment by check, money order or credit card. Use the enclosed envelope and include the stub from the Violation Notice with your payment. DO NOT SEND CASH. Write the violation number and location code that appear on the top front portion of the Violation Notice on your check or money order and make payable to “Central Violations Bureau.” You must make your payment within 30 days of receipt of the notice.

Mail payment to:
Central Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 71363
Philadelphia, PA 19176-1363

You can call with questions to (800) 827-2982.

If you would like to pay by credit card, complete this form [need link old one is broken] and mail to the same address above.

You can pay tickets for online at:

You can use a debit card, credit card or PayPal account to pay online.

Click here to pay your ticket online in Federal Court Eastern LA

Payment is not accepted over the phone for the Federal Court of Eastern District Louisiana.

Always remember to include your ticket number or case number on your check. The ticket number or case number are the best ways for the Clerk’s Office to know which ticket to apply your payment to.

Hire A Lawyer To Fight Your Eastern District Louisiana Federal Court Tickets

If BOX A is checked on your violation, you will have to appear in court.  You should always consider hiring a lawyer to represent you in Federal Court to protect your pocketbook and to avoid serious jail time.  Sometimes it’s possible to get the ticket dismissed in Federal Court. As your lawyer, I will represent your case in court and aggressively fight to get your ticket reduced or dismissed.

Contact Us

    How would you like to be contacted?

    Click here to download the free guide

    “What to do if you got a traffic ticket”

    Skip to content