Skip to main content
Traffic Tickets

What Happens if I Get a Traffic Ticket in Jefferson Parish?

Getting a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish or any other traffic violation, can be more of a headache and nuisance than anything else. Though you may think that paying the fine and moving on might be the easiest way to get past it, you could be hurting yourself in the long run. By hiring a reputable traffic ticket lawyer for your case in Metairie you can save yourself both time and money, as well as an increase in your auto insurance premiums.

Crescent City Law Will Do the Dirty Work

If you receive a traffic ticket, such as a speeding ticket or another kind of moving violation, on the West Bank Expressway or on I-10 between the Spillway and the Orleans Parish border, then Crescent City Law will help you fight your ticket. These tickets are generally issued by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office (JPSO) or the Louisiana State Police in Jefferson Parish.

If you received a ticket from the police in Harahan, Westwego, Gretna, or Kenner, your ticket will go to City Court (don’t worry—we do those too!)

When you receive a traffic ticket, you have two options:

  • Pay the fine and suffer the consequences of having an increased insurance premium and points on your record, or
  • Fight the ticket by hiring a lawyer.

By hiring a lawyer to fight the ticket, you may have your fine reduced and you will not have to waste time in court when you could be working or living your life.

Where Do I Go to Court?

There are two parish traffic courthouses in Jefferson Parish:

There are also several smaller courts such as in Harahan (Harahan City Court), Kenner (Kenner Mayor’s Court), Gretna (Gretna City Court) and in Westwego (Westwego City Court). There are several other courts in Jefferson Parish, but these are the courts in which we usually represent our clients.

When Do I Have to Go to Court?

If you do not hire a traffic ticket lawyer, then you should expect to attend court in Jefferson Parish at approximately 5:00 p.m. and plan to stay for at least two hours. If the ticket issued was a misdemeanor traffic crime such as a DWI or reckless driving, or you were in a car accident, court is at 9:00 a.m. and you should plan to spend three hours waiting for your chance to speak with the District Attorney and eventually go to trial with the judge. Either way, you may run the risk of having to miss work and sit hours waiting for your turn to be called.

So, the answer to this question is, you do not have to attend court in order to fight your ticket. This is because if you hire the experienced traffic ticket attorney Crescent City Law, they will go to court on your behalf. This will save you time and you don’t have to worry about missing work or bringing your children to court with you.

What Does it Cost to Fight a Traffic Ticket in Jefferson Parish?

Unfortunately, Jefferson Parish does not reveal their fines and fees associated with fighting your traffic tickets, such as their plea deals. If you hire Crescent City Law, we will go to court and fight on your behalf. Most of the time the tickets are reduced and also dismissed altogether. So, in addition to not having a ticket on your record, you can also avoid increased insurance premiums. Contact us to get an estimated cost for your specific situation.

Call (504) 264-9492 For Your Free Initial Consultation

Crescent City Law is here to help you if you think you have a case against your traffic tickets or parking ticket. Again, it is not likely we can get a reduced or dismissed parking ticket but you can give us a call at (504) 264-9492 to see if there is a case or you can e-mail us. We are available nights, weekends and off-site.

Skip to content