03 Oct Should I fight a Speeding Ticket in Jefferson Parish
If you’ve ever gotten a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish, then you already know just how much of a hassle it is to deal with. Maybe you were pulled over on the West Bank Expressway, or perhaps a deputy cited you on I-10 East between Bonnabel and the Orleans Parish line.
Of course, the obvious and easiest solution to a speeding ticket is to pay the fine and move on. But, paying the ticket has the same consequence as pleading guilty.
What happens after you pay a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish?
Speeding tickets can have the following impacts on your life — and your pocketbook:
- Your insurance rates could go up significantly.
- You will have a ticket on your driving record.
- You will be out hundreds of dollars.
In Jefferson Parish, if you get a speeding ticket for even 1 mile over the speed limit, your fine could be well over $100 plus about $165.00 in court costs. That’s not including the money you’ll spend down the road when your insurance company raises your premium. The faster police say you were going, the higher the fine and the more your insurance rate will go up!
Unlike other area government agencies, which openly state how much you’ll pay for each mile over the speed limit you were going, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office does not list the schedule of traffic fines on its website.
Can you fight a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish?
Yes! You have two options when it comes to fighting a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish. You can try to do it on your own, without the help of an experienced traffic attorney, or you can hire Crescent City Law to do the dirty work for you.
Crescent City Law can work on your behalf in the following ways:
- We can try to get your ticket dismissed, so you won’t have to pay a fine or have a speeding ticket on your driving record.
- We can work to have the fine reduced.
- We can lobby to ensure that the speeding ticket does not appear on your driving record, even if you do end up paying a fine.
- We will sit in court for you, so you don’t have to spend several hours waiting to plead your case before the district attorney and judges in Jefferson Parish.
Our strategy is always tailored to the each specific client, so that they have the chance of getting the best outcome from traffic court.
Is ignoring the speeding ticket an option?
No! Whether you fight the ticket on your own or hire a traffic attorney, you can’t pretend like the whole thing never happened.
Doing so can have very serious consequences, including:
- Increased fines
- Suspension of driver’s license
- More points on your driving record than you would have gotten if you had paid the fine outright
- Warrants for your arrest
Crescent City Law can handle your speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish, and it can also take care of traffic tickets you receive from the towns within Jefferson Parish, like Gretna, Kenner, Harahan or Westwego.